Contributed by PENG
Pineapple Jam (using microwave)
4 pineapples (net wgt 2kg)
320 gm sugar (can cut down sugar 280g if dun one too sweet)
1) grate pineapples and squeeze out juice. Do not squeeze too dry.
2) Add in cloves and cook on high 40-50 minutes uncover till it is almost dry. Stir occasionally. After 40 minutes add sugar and cook on high till the jam become rollable. Cool and store in airtight container in fridge for further use.
Note : if baking 'outside' jam tarts, do not cook the jam too dry or else final results wiil be too hard..
Pastry Ingredients (inside)
360g shifted plain flour
250g salted butter
40g milk poweder
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 drops yellow colouring
1 egg yolk + 1 tbp egg white
1-2 drop yellow colouring
1. beat butter and sugar together. Add in egg yoik mixture (B) and beat again.
2. add in milk powder and flour, mix well. place dough in fridge for 1/2 hour.
3. divide dough into small pcs and wrap dough with pineapple jam and form into shape.
4. place on cookies tray, glaze with egg yoik. bake at preheated oven 200 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
Pastry Ingredients (outside)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbp sugar
250g unsalted butter mix together 1/2 egg,
1/2 tp vanilla and 1-2 drops yellow colouring
1. shift flour, add in salt and sugar. mix well
2. cut butter into small cubes, rub butter into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. add in beaten egg mixture to the flour to form a pastry dough, chill for 1/2 hour.
4. roll pastry to 0.5cm thickness, cut with a special tart cutter.
5. fill tart with pineapple jam
6. place tarts on a greased tray and bake at 180 degree for 20-25 minutes.