1. Put water n butter in saucepan n heat gently until the butter has melted. Bring to boil.
2. Remove from heat n immediately beat in the flour n salt until evenly combined
3. Return the pan to a gently heat n cook, stirring until the mixture come together n white film form on the base of pan.
4. Remove from heat n leave the dough cool briefly
5. Beat in the eggs with wooden spoon or dough hook a little at a time
6. Beating well after each addition until the eggs is incorporated n the mixture is smooth n shiny. 7. Line a baking sheet n spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 2.5cm plain nozzle or star nozzle and pipe 12 mounds on to the baking sheet.
8. Leave 3cm between each one
9. Bake in preheat oven, 200c for 25min or until puffed up n golden. Leave to cool.
1 egg yolk n 2 teaspoon cream - brush over before bake
90ml cream for whipping
1 ½ tbsp icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Whip cream until stiff Stir 1 tbsp icing n vanilla Fill the profiterole n dust with remaining icing sugar
100g butter, softened at room temperature 80g caster sugar 1 egg yolk 180g cake flour 20g corn flour
Method: 1. Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. 2. mix sugar to the butter and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy. 3. Add in egg yolk and mix well. 4. Add sifted flour mixture in 2 ~ 3 additions, stir w/ spatula to form a soft dough. 5. Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin. 6. Refrigerate the dough for about half an hour. 7. Remove dough from fridge. Roll out dough on slightly floured work surface (at this moment the dough may crack) If the dough appears to be a little to hard and breaks into pieces while rolling, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes. The dough will soften up and can be rolled easily. 8. cut out with slightly floured cookie cutters. 9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degC for 15 ~ 20mins. 10. Let cool and store in air-tight container.
Pineapple Tarts Pineapple Jam (using microwave) 4 pineapples (net wgt 2kg) 320 gm sugar (can cut down sugar 280g if dun one too sweet) 2-3 cloves
1) grate pineapples and squeeze out juice. Do not squeeze too dry. 2) Add in cloves and cook on high 40-50 minutes uncover till it is almost dry. Stir occasionally. After 40 minutes add sugar and cook on high till the jam become rollable. Cool and store in airtight container in fridge for further use.
Note : if baking 'outside' jam tarts, do not cook the jam too dry or else final results wiil be too hard..
C) for glazing 1 egg yolk + 1 tbp egg white 1-2 drop yellow colouring
Method 1. beat butter and sugar together. Add in egg yoik mixture (B) and beat again. 2. add in milk powder and flour, mix well. place dough in fridge for 1/2 hour. 3. divide dough into small pcs and wrap dough with pineapple jam and form into shape. 4. place on cookies tray, glaze with egg yoik. bake at preheated oven 200 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
Pastry Ingredients (outside) 340g flour 1/4 tsp salt 1 tbp sugar 250g unsalted butter mix together 1/2 egg, 1/2 tp vanilla and 1-2 drops yellow colouring
method 1. shift flour, add in salt and sugar. mix well 2. cut butter into small cubes, rub butter into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. 3. add in beaten egg mixture to the flour to form a pastry dough, chill for 1/2 hour. 4. roll pastry to 0.5cm thickness, cut with a special tart cutter. 5. fill tart with pineapple jam 6. place tarts on a greased tray and bake at 180 degree for 20-25 minutes.